Today we are going to discuss a few tips to improve your search engine optimization efforts pulled directly from Google’s Official SEO Starter Guide
Page Titles & Descriptions
The website page title and description is very important for search engine optimization. They tell potential website visitors AND search engines what the main topic is for your website page. Each website page should have a unique and descriptive page title and description. Both will usually appear in a search engine’s results and are directly related to results that appear for a particular search.
For example, if you search for Sarasota Web Design in Google you will see the page titles of the result. Notice the keywords in the title.
- Choose title and descriptions that effectively communicate the content of the webpage
- Create unique title tags and descriptions for each page of your website
- Use brief, but descriptive page titles and descriptions
- Choosing page titles or description that do not have a relation to the page content like “Untitled” or “New Page”
- Using the same page title or description on multiple pages of your website
- Stuffing unneeded keywords in your website page titles
Focus on your visitors
Google says it best
“Search engine optimization is about putting your site’s best foot forward when it comes to visibility in search engines, but your ultimate consumers are your users, not search engines.“
Make your website pages “human friendly” first, continue to use best SEO practices and the rest will fall into place over time.